MyBigBookCorner

My Big Book Corner

The reviews the are posted on this blog belongs to a 21 year old girl. Both english and swedish reviews are published.

February - Wrap Up!

The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness Anne of Green Gables - Lisa Mullarkey, Patricia Castelao Levels of Life - Julian Barnes The Time Keeper - Mitch Albom The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan The Bane Chronicles - Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, Cassandra Clare

This month I read nine books and six short stories:

The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan

...och De Vita Skuggorna I Skogen by Maria Gripe

Loverholic, Robotronic by Elin Mellerstedt & Johanna Stillman

The Bane Chronicles (6 short stories) by Cassandra Clare

I started off the month with reading the last two books of The Chaos Walking trilogy; The Ask and the Answer & Monsters of Men. Patrick Ness is one of my favorite authors and I was definately not disappointed by these books. The world Ness has built up is amazing likewise the characters.

Ness has a way of keeping you on the tip of your toes and when you finally think you know what's going to happen he drops the biggest plottwist of the century.

I read Anne of Green Gables for uni and I liked it. It was quite refreshing to read about such a outspoken girl as Anne is. She's also quite confident and can be seen as a tomboy but at the same time she potraits the typical girl. She has a romantic outlook on life and loves the idea of love and getting married.

Anne shows the reader how to be an indipendent girl who still seeks for love.

Levels of Life by Jules Barnes is one of those books I saw in the bookshop and liked the name and the beautiful cover so I bought it. I can tell you that the inside is as pretty as the cover; both very simple but so very beautiful.

Barnes writes about love, life and death in three parts; history, fiction and memoir.

There were two books that I was so excited to read this month.

The first one was The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. I was rather disappointed to be honest. I liked Alboms writing but couldn't get hooked on the story. The ending gave me a feeling of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.

The other one was The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. I think I overhyped this one. Levithan has written one of my favorite books Everyday and I've enjoyed all of his other books like Boy Meets Boy, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares and Love is the Higher Law, but this one didn't do it for me.

I feel like this is a book for people who are in love and I'm not one of them at the moment. So as soon as I fall in love I'll pick up this book and hopefully fall in love with this book as well.

The six short stories were the last ones in The Bane Chronicles. I gave the whole book three stars. There were stories I loved, like Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale and Saving Raphael Santiago, and then there were some I absolutely see no point of even being published. Either way Magnus Bane will remain the fabolous character that he is!

You can find a review of Loverholic, Robotronic here!